Friday, August 9, 2019

Day 61, Glendale to somewhere, 40 miles

8-9-2019
With time to kill this morning, I headed down the road to the Malvern Hill battlefield site.  Daunting to think that 8000 died here during the last battle. 

I also went down to Sherwood Forest, which is the home of John Tyler.  His family still owns and lives on the estate, but they allow the public to visit.

I continued on the route until I got word about my sister getting into Richmond, then backtracked to Charles City to meet her for lunch.

Met a couple cyclists riding on the bike path.  Thomas is planning an East West ride of the TA next year, and Paul who has risen the great divide.   Wonderful chatting with both.  Also, as we were about to eat, two woman riders showed up at the restaurant.  They were finishing the TA today.  Congrats to them both.  Someone told them I might be there.

Will finish tomorrow sometime when the rest of my family gets to town.



Virginia Capital Trail, No Cars!


John Tyler's Sherwood Forest

Lawn ornament 



No comments:

Post a Comment