Thursday, August 8, 2019

Day 60, Palmyra to Glendale, 109 miles

8-8-2019
Congratulations Eastern Virginia!  You win the worst drivers award for this entire route.  What is it about East coast drivers that makes them such idiots?  Can't say that I've cycled in California yet... 

Anyway, enough of ranting.  Today was the big push to get around Richmond.  I left Palmyra to cooler temps after a huge storm rolled through.  Also, someone came into the church at 10pm and left at 3am.  Was doing something upstairs.  Gee thanks. 

Pretty nice riding through some farms and cows and alpacas and horses today.  Then I got to the outskirts of Richmond...  traffic needless to say was awful.  Made it unscathed though.  Further south and east I got traffic got lighter. 

Ended my day at the Willis United Methodist Church in Glendale.  The church was used as a confederate hospital during the civil war.   A national cemetery is also nearby.  It is really nice at the end of a long day to find shelter, shower and a warm welcome.   Thank you to all the churches along the way.

Tomorrow will be a sort of rest day as I wait for my family to come in on Saturday for the finish.

Inside joke...

Lake Anna

Country road, take me home...

To the place I belong...

Glendale National Cemetery 


Willis United Methodist Church 

1 comment: