Thursday, August 1, 2019

Day 52, Berea to Buckhorn, 70 miles

7-31-2019
Early start because I had the infamous "big hill" to climb just East of Burea.  In reality, it was some of the other climbs on this section.  Rt 421 out of Berea was trafficked and had narrow lanes with some steep hills.  Eventually the route hits more secondary roads and is much more pleasant.  I got to Bonneville early and so decided I would continue on to Buckhorn.  I was planning on camping,  but the folks who run Cody's corner store called the pastor of the church next door.  I was able to stay there and they invited me to join in their social dinner. 

The Big Hill-at least I had a shoulder


Into the rolling hills of KY



Not sure it is still active,
but I liked the outhouses out back

Buckhorn Lake Area Church

Inside the Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment