Friday, July 5, 2019

Updates for Round 2

I'm fortunate that I live basically at the half way point and I'm able to modify my gear for the next half, which I expect to be hot and humid.  I doubt very much that I'll be experiencing freezing temps for the next round.

Tired...

A while back I noticed that the front tire of my bike had some strange deformities (3 or 4 of these around the tire).  Since I have the same tire front and rear I was able to compare and the rear looks fine.  I'm not sure if this is because of it being a fold-able tire.  Maxxis has discontinued this tire... Anyway, I decided to replace the tire rather than have something happen as I tend to rip on the downhills.


A Seat for my seat...

Everyone that I have met so far has been riding on one of these....


Tent

For the first half, I was in the mountains most of the time.  I used my Black Diamond Firstlight tent.  This is a single wall tent with internal poles made primarily for alpine environments.  The tent was ok, but if it was humid it would end up with a lot of condensation inside (they used to be made my Bibler, or "dribbler" as they were known).  It is very light though, so I was willing to deal with it.  

The BD Firstlight
Now that I'm headed into hotter and more humid environs I decided to upgrade to something that will be hopefully more suitable.  I purchased the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 PLATINUM.  This tent is a two person ultralight tent, weighing in just a little over two pounds.  Ultralight though also comes with downsides, one of which is very thin materials.  We'll see how this holds up as I use it.



kinda like wax paper...
Other things I'm changing out...  Lighter sleeping bag (doubt I need a 20 degree bag), jackets, jerseys, and reducing some gear.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete