Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Day 31, Guffey to Cañon City, 40 miles

Love the journey...

A short day.  And a majority of it downhill and luckily due to a headwind.  Started the day at 'The Bakery, where I met Peggy, who had moved to Guffey from Illinois.   www.coloradopharmgirl.com
Peggy will be tackling the notorious "Triple Bypass" bike ride this weekend.  Good luck Peggy!

Then it was off to Royal Gorge Bridge.  Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to pay $28 to walk on the bridge.  Maybe I'm to familiar with bridges....

Easy ride into Cañon City for lunch.  Also had to get a new water bottle since mine was leaking.   Staying at "The Abbey" complex tonight.  Dorm style accommodations,  but they gave me my own room. Sweet!



Royal Gorge


Cañon City street art

Cañon City 

Cañon City 

The Abby, not my dorm...

No comments:

Post a Comment