Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 34, Ordway to Eads,CO. 63 miles. I'M HALF WAY!

7-13-2019
Managing heat was the name of the game today.  Bob and I left about 6am to get in miles while it was cooler and the winds were calm.  Definitely in the plains now.  Combines, silos, wheat, corn and a couple oil derricks.  You could see the grain silos from about 10 miles away. 

Stopped in Haswell for a snack and a visit to the nations smallest jail.  Then off to Eads, which is about the same as Ordway, but just 60 miles to the east...  arrived about noon, got a room, but had to wait for cleaning. 

During our wait, Bob discovered a sign proclaiming the TA half way point.  I guess the half way point is between here and Pueblo, but at least we have sign now.


First sunrise ride

Bob riding into the sunrise

Nations Smallest Jail
I have to take their word for it...

Guessing no gas for years..



I'm officially half way



1 comment: