Thursday, June 13, 2019

Days 13 & 14, Heat wave in Idaho

Day 13,  Riggins to Kooskia. 77 miles
Travelled down river from Riggins along the Salmon River.  Went into Whitebird, which is where the Nez Pierce war began.  My ride took me through the battlefield and over white bird pass.  Quite amazing how fast mountains transition to flatland.  I stopped in Grangville to resupply and then headed to Stites and Kooskia, which are in the Nez Pierce Reservation.  Spent the evening with a warmshower host gracious enough to take me in with little notice.  Heat wave in the west...  probably hit 90 or better.  Little shade today.







Day 14, Kooskia to Lochsa Lodge.  99 miles
Late start as I rode from my hosts place into town and got breakfast.   Didn't leave until a little after 9am.  The ride along Rt12 and the Lochsa River is spectacular, which is part of the Nez Pierce and also Lewis and Clark trail.  Not a ton of traffic today along this popular rafting and fishing area.  Ended my day at the Lochsa Lodge.  An oasis along this long stretch with no services for 90 miles....










No comments:

Post a Comment