Friday, June 28, 2019

Day 28, June 27... Midway regroup. Home

Day 28, Hot Sulphur Springs to Dillon,  60 Miles
Sort of a short day...  Decided to head home to take care of some things on the home front.  The day started pretty darn chilly, I think it was about 40 when I left the Ute Trail Motel.  Quick breakfast then off to Kremmling.  Calm winds this morning made for a 'easy' 17 miles into Kremmling.  Then headed south towards Silverthorne.  Met Chris (www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/ChrisBestLife) on the way around Green Mtn Reservoir.  He's traveling E-W and started almost two months ago.  As I left the reservoir, winds shifted to the south and made the last 20 miles into Silverthorne the same as the last three days.  grinding.  Ran out of H20 just out of Silverthorne as it had warmed significantly.  I went to the REI in Dillon where my friend Justin works in the bike shop and hung out until Shannon made the trip out to pick me up about 7:45pm.  Very weird traveling in a car at 70 mph, when the fastest you gone on occasion is 40-45mph.

Good Morning from Kremmling!

The last I'll see of the mighty Colorado River


Christopher Laskey



1 comment:

  1. Awesome trip so far! Pics are great and love the updates every night. Following as you go. Enjoy the couple home days!

    ReplyDelete